Full-day workshop • June 28th
Seb demystifies programming and explores its artistic possibilities. His presentations and workshops enable artists to overcome their fear of code and encourage programmers of all backgrounds to be more creative and imaginative.
What you'll learn:
- We’ll start off with a short recap of rendering into canvas, and animating simple objects.
- Then learn how to simulate physics without rocket science. And what better way to use physics than to make a particle system with sparks, smoke and explosions?
- We’ll draw bitmaps into the canvas, and add sophistication to the imagery by using blend modes
- techniques that professional motion effects artists use.
- These advanced animation techniques will give you a deep understanding of how to create movement and visuals with code.
- The workshop will finish with a Q&A session and, time allowing, a live online coding demo.
What hardware/software do you need?
A laptop with the latest Chrome/Firefox installed, as well as your favorite text editor.
Who is it for?
Time & Location
This full-day workshop will be hosted at the Ivey Tangerine Leadership Centre and will take place after the two days of Smashing Conference. The workshop will be running from 9:30am to 5:30pm on Thursday, June 28th.
Schedule for Thursday, June 28th
9:00 – Doors open, Registration
9:30 – Introduction & Kick-off
11:00 – Coffee Break
13:00 – Lunch
14:00 – Afternoon Session
15:30 – Coffee Break
17:30 – The End, Networking
Save $100 when signing up for the conference and a workshop!