SmashingConf is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible, and safe space for all attendees.
The Conference will be held at New World Stages, a fully wheelchair accessible, renovated theatre located in the Hells Kitchen area of NYC, NY at 340 West 50th Street, New York, NY 10019.
The Workshops will take place at Microsoft Technology Center (Microsoft NYC), 11 Times Square, 5th & 6th Floor (Between 41st & 42nd Streets on 8th Ave) New York, NY, 10036. The building is fully wheelchair accessible.
Please note that we are moving both Josh Clark’s “Design For What’s Next” workshop (Oct. 22) and Vitaly Friedman’s “Smart Responsive UX Design Patterns” (Oct. 25) workshop to the Westin Times Square at 270 West 43rd Street, (Corner of 43rd Street and 8th Ave, with the entrance on 43rd Street). The building is fully wheelchair accessible, too.
What To Expect
- All talks will be in English.
- Dietary requirement-compliant, healthy, nutritious food will be served throughout the day.
- Snacks (fruits) and drinks (coffee, tea, water) will be available at all times.
- Wi-Fi (pw: icecream) and power outlets will be available.
- The lobby area is flat, while the theater is on an ADA compliant rake, with multiple areas for those who require mobility assistance.
- Anyone with mobility, hearing or vision concerns can reserve seats.
- Our bathrooms are multi-stall and handicap accessible.
- Service dogs are welcome.
- The party will be after the 1st conference day, at a location TBD, and we will be providing alcoholic beverages as well as soft drinks.
- A Code of Conduct team is available throughout the entire event and parties to address any incidents, microaggressions or ableisms.
- Our speakers have been advised to avoid using epilepsy-inducing videos and animations, however we cannot fully guarantee compliance.
If you’re in need of any further assistance, or have questions, do not hesitate to contact Amanda (our event producer) at email@example.com.